Chapter 1 Summary. (Garbology)
It amazes me to see how much some people are so unaware of the tragedy going on in America. I didn't even know what the word "hoarding" was before this. It's insane! We, the people of America, create more trash than anyone in the world. People do not even realize that what we're doing to our Earth is really affecting us more than we think. I just read in the beginning of the book how some people died in their own trash. How could anyone even let that begin to happen? Unfortunately, I think that more people have actually gone about having their trash build up in their homes more than we know. If you really think about it, we spend money on buying, we spend money on getting it thrown away and we possibly even spend money on recycling it and getting them to landfills. So basically all we do, is throw our money if you think about it in that sense. I think its time for us to wake up and do something about this because it will only get worse. I'm excited to keep reading about this crisis in the world and finding a solution to it!
No comments:
Post a Comment